Artist in Residence 2023 | Munich (Alemania) + URRA
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE MUNICH + URRA 2023 (edition 3)
Residency for Artists Based in Buenos Aires (City and Province of Buenos Aires) Argentina
From 4 April to 28 June, 2023*
Application Deadline: Sunday 5 February, 2023
Announcement of winner artist: Thursday 22 February, 2023.
We are accepting applications from artists based in Buenos Aires (City and Province) for a fully
funded three-months residency at the Villa Waldberta, Germany, as part of the program
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE MUNICH (AIR-M) located near the Starnberg Lake, in the outskirts
of Munich, Germany. www.air-m.de
This exchange program proposes an alliance between the Department of Art and Culture of
the City of Munich (Kulturreferat der Landeshauptstadt München) and the organization URRA
in Buenos Aires, that will host an artist from Munich between September and November 2023.
This exchange programme is supported by the Goethe-Institut Buenos Aires, the Instituto
Cervantes Munich and the Government of the City of Buenos Aires.
The Residency Comprises
- An individual apartment and common working spaces in AIR-M Villa Waldberta from 4 April
to 28 June 2023.
- One return flight from Buenos Aires/Argentina to Munich/Germany.
- A monthly stipend of 1.200 Euros.
- A ticket for public transport in Munich (MVV Ticket).
- The participation in the residency programme AIR-M Villa Waldberta with the possibility of
having a presentation or exhibition at the Instituto Cervantes in Munich and/or other venues.
- General assistance.
- Artists based (living and working) in Buenos Aires (in the City of Buenos Aires and/or in the
Province of Buenos Aires).
- There is no age limit, but this residency is not thought for students and artists that are just
starting their professional career.
- We expect artists to carry out a solid project related to the residency´s context and program.
- Good level of English and/or German.
Jury of selection
- Via this Open Call a jury will select a visual artist based in Buenos Aires (City and Province),
to participate in an art residency in AIR-M Villa Waldberta (Germany), between April and June
- The jury will be composed by representatives of the two residency programs, the entities
supporting this exchange, an external professional and the artists that participated in 2022.
- The jury can call applicants for an interview. It also has the right to declare the call as vacant
for unexpected reasons, and to invite an artist in a direct way. The jury´s decision will be final.
Applicants commitments and obligations
- To participate in the AIR-M Villa Waldberta the appointed months.
- To participate on the activities of the project according to its schedule.
- To give back a written report of the experience to AIR-M and to URRA.
- To name both entities of this partnership (AIR-M and URRA) when mentioning the
program, and when possible the other entities involved: Goethe-Institut Buenos Aires,
Instituto Cervantes, Gobierno de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires.
- To participate in an audio-visual presentation of the experience when returning to Argentina.
- To be responsible of her/his travel and medical insurance during the journey and the stay in
- To have a valid passport to travel in time.
- This residency is to be undertaken individually (not for partners or families).
- The participation in the Open Call implies the acceptance of the above conditions.
-Please submit one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, with
the documentation listed below, by Sunday the 5 February 2023 (inclusive). Applications will
not be accepted after that date.
- You can send the file via wetransfer, google-drive or similar.
- Please name the file with your FirstName-Surname-MunichBuenoAires2023 (i.e. Ana-PerezMunichBuenosAires2023):
The PDF (10 MB maximum) should have the following information in English language,
numbered and in the following order:
1. A cover sheet with the following information:
Name and surname, date of birth, place of birth, Id and passport number, years of residence
in Buenos Aires, current address, e-mail, telephone, website if there is one.
2. A CV/Resume (one page).
3. An artist's statement describing your practice and areas of interest (under 200 words).
4. A work plan including an initial project that you would like to carry out during the residency,
and its motivations/objectives (under 500 words).
5. An average of 15 images of your work or projects representing your practice, with a short
description if necessary.
6. Level of English (none, basic, good, very good, excellent).
7. Confirmation that you will be available from 4 April to 28 June 2023.
Those applications that do not follow the required format will not be considered.
For other enquiries please write to: email@example.com
* According to unforeseen circumstances the dates of this residency could be changed to guarantee the
safety of the participants.